National Hotdog Day is nearly here! In celebration, we're hosting the "Top Your Dog" photo contest!
Just take a photo of your unique, deliciously topped hotdog for a chance to win one of five (5) $25 fresh&easy gift cards for your next grill-out!
And we think you can feel good about chowing on a fresh&easy hotdog - they're good stuff! We only use the highest quality cuts of fresh lean beef available - that means no beef that's been frozen or mechanically separated and we always use the freshest meats available. And of course, never any of that pink slime stuff
|We hope you get a little more creative than we did!|
So how can you participate?
Simply upload a photo of your creative and tasty hotdog plus toppings to your favorite photo-sharing platform (we like Pinterest and Instagram, ourselves) and then email us the link to your picture. In your email, be sure to give us your name, your birth date and your mailing address so we can cross our t's and dot our i's on eligibility. :) Make sure your photo isn't 'protected' or set to 'private' so that the judges can see your entry!
What: Participants must take a photo that shows their idea for a creatively topped hotdog. Photos must be hosted on a photo-sharing platform (that means Instagram, Pinterest, TwitPic, etc.) and the photo location (URL) submitted by email.
When: Entries will be accepted from 12:01 a.m. PT on Friday, July 20 through 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday, July 22.
Photos must be hosted online and a link (no attachments, please) emailed to fresh&easy at email@example.com
using the Subject line: Hotdog. Make sure to include
your full name (first and last, please), date of birth (to verify you're over 18 and eligible to win) and your mailing address (so we know how to send your prize should you be picked as a winner!).
How: A panel of judges from fresh&easy will pick the winning entries. Your entry will be judged on the following:
- 50% of your score will be based on the creativity of your toppings
- 50% of your score will be based on how tasty your combination of toppings + hotdog seems
- Be sure to follow the contest rules to be eligible to win! Even the tastiest, most creative frank can't win without doing that!
Why: Because hotdogs are a classic grilling item, it's a lot of fun to see delicious new ways to enjoy them and National Hotdog Day is coming up!
It's really important that you follow the official rules to be eligible to win! Read on to review them...
2012 Fresh & Easy Top Your Dog Photo Contest
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALL STATES OTHER THAN AZ, CA, AND NV AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the 2012 Fresh & Easy Top Your Dog Photo Contest (the “Contest) is Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Inc., 2120 Park Place, El Segundo, CA 90245 (“Sponsor”).
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PT on July 20, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on July 22, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents of California, Nevada and Arizona, who are of the age of majority in their place of residence at time of entry, have access to the Internet and an online photo sharing platform, and have not purchased Internet service in order to participate in this Contest. Officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Employees”) of Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, those involved in the execution and administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) and the immediate family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of such Employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to enter or win.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest and become an entrant in the Contest (an “Entrant”), submit a photo of a hotdog with added unique toppings and a caption (the photo and caption are referred to herein as your “Entry”) describing the toppings used via an online photo-sharing service. Send an email with a link (shortened links are acceptable) to the direct web address (URL) for the Entry to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject Line: Hotdog. The email must include the Entrant’s first and last name, date of birth, and mailing address to confirm eligibility. Only emails containing links to Entries will be considered – no attachments will be opened or considered in the Contest. Photos must be hosted on a photo sharing platform (such as TwitPic, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, etc) and available for public viewing. Users who ‘protect’ the photos using the “Private” account designation on the photo hosting platform of their choice will not be visible to Sponsor and are therefore not eligible Entries. Limit one (1) entry per person and email address during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry. In case of multiple entries received from any person, only the first entry received from such person will be considered. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on July 22, 2012.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: By entering this Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Entry is original, and the Entrant holds the sole and exclusive rights to the Entry; (ii) the Entry was created solely by the Entrant for the purpose of entering the Contest; (iii) no part of the Entry has been previously published, distributed or otherwise exploited; (iv) the Entry does not and will not violate or infringe upon the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity; (v) the Entry does not contain any computer virus and is otherwise uncorrupted; (vi) the Entry does not contain or reference any offensive, defamatory, lewd, obscene, unlawful, or inappropriate language or content; (vii) no person other than the Entrant appears in the photo; (viii) the Entry does not contain or reference any entity or brand other than Fresh & Easy; and (ix) the Entry otherwise complies with these Official Rules.
By participating, Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects; (ii) that Entries cannot be used by Entrant (or third parties) for any commercial purpose other than to enter this Contest; and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor via email. By entering the Contest, Entrant further grants to Sponsor and its designees the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free right to reproduce, store, copy, modify, transmit, publish, post broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse the Entry (and if Entrant is a prize winner, use Entrant’s name, online identifier (Twitter ‘handle’, etc) and prize information), in any form, manner, or media without attribution, notification, compensation or consents (except where prohibited by law). Entrant hereby releases Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto.
For a copy of the Official Rules, print them from the Company’s blog, www.freshandeasy.com/blog, during the Contest Period or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Fresh & Easy Top Your Dog Contest Rules, 2120 Park Place, Suite 200, El Segundo, CA 90245, by August 15, 2012.
7. JUDGING AND DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: All Entries must meet the Contest entry requirements described in these Official Rules. Eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsor, which may consist of representatives from Sponsor and other organizations. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria (i) creativity and originality 50% (ii) tastiness 50%. Contest judging determinations are in the sole and absolute discretion of the judges, and such decisions and determinations are not subject to further review or appeal by Entrants. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
After the close of the Contest Period, the judges will review all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period and select 5 Winners. Winner(s) will be notified by email. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and/or Publicity Release (an “Affidavit”) within 5 business days of the date of notification in order to receive the prize. In the event that any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, does not respond to the prize notification within 5 business days of the date of notification, and any prize and/or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Unclaimed/un-awarded prizes may not be awarded.
8. PRIZES: Sponsor will award 5 prizes. Each prize is a $25 Fresh & Easy gift card. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $25. Total ARV for all prizes will not exceed $125.
All federal, state and local regulations apply. Odds of winning each prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize is non-transferable. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All taxes or expenses, including, without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax, and any other costs incurred in claiming or using any of the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Any difference between the actual value of any prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these Official Rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded.
*Fresh & Easy gift cards and their use are subject to, and constitute acceptance of, the following policy: “Redeem this card for purchases only at Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market Inc. locations. No cash redemption, except where required by law. Protect this card like cash. Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Inc. shall not be responsible for any cards used without your permission or for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed cards. If the value of your purchase exceeds the funds available on the card, you must pay for the remaining balance at the time of purchase. For card balance information or other card-related inquiries, call 1-888-376-6063.”
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor Entities and their Employees are not responsible for any errors, omissions, interruptions or problems that may limit or affect an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries or selection of winners, the announcement of a prize, or the publication or distribution of any Contest-related materials. Sponsor Entities EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Sponsor Entities disclaim any and all liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses involved in accessing the Internet and otherwise participating in the Contest. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet, regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, or network problems, for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. In the event of fraud, sabotage, acts of God, terrorism, or threats thereof, technical failures, computer virus, damage to or loss of any prize, or other events or causes beyond Sponsor’s control, which impair the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest (or a portion thereof). An entry may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, if an Entrant (i) attempts to enter the Contest through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Contest or circumvent any of these Official Rules. All Entrants shall release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor Entities from and against, any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, judgments, and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with the Entrant’s participation or inability to participate in the Contest, any entries, and/or any winner’s subsequent use, inability to use, or misuse of any prize. All issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor, shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winner. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Any and all disputes with respect to this Contest will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the State of California exclusively, and subject to the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in/for El Segundo, California. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Except where prohibited, by entering this Contest, Entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive damages, incidental damages, consequential damages or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. (NOTE: Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.)
11. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. WINNERS LIST
: For winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Fresh & Easy Top Your Dog Photo Contest, 2120 Park Place, Suite 200,
El Segundo, Ca 90245, ATTN: Winner’s List Request. Requests must be received by January 28, 2013. Information regarding scores awarded by judges will not be available.